NevadaGrown is a nonprofit Nevada corporation whose mission is to foster the success of sustainable agriculture in Nevada.
Our goals are to:
- Educate our communities about the benefits of using Nevada-produced foods
- Encourage healthy eating habits that include seasonal foods from Nevada farms and ranches
- Provide educational opportunities to increase the knowledge and skills of Nevada’s agricultural producers
- Create and promote a sustainable local food system
- Strengthen the bonds between farmers and consumers
- You must reside and/or own property or a business in Nevada.
- All agricultural products marketed under the NevadaGrown logo must be grown in Nevada.
- All processed agricultural products marketed under the NevadaGrown logo must contain a minimum of 60 percent ingredients that are grown in Nevada.
- Submit an application online or by mail.
The NevadaGrown website is a cooperative effort between NevadaGrown, Nevada Certified Farmers Market Association, and the Nevada Organic Advisory Council.
- Nevada Certified Farmers Market Association (NCFMA)
NCFMA is a nonprofit corporation whose goals are to strengthen farmers markets for the benefit of farmers, consumers and local communities, and to support direct marketing avenues for local agricultural products. The Association strives to increase public awareness of the benefits of farmers markets and locally-grown produce.
The NCFMA is a coalition of farmers, market managers, chefs, government organizations, local businesses, and community members. Membership is open to anyone who supports the goals of the NCFMA. For more information, contact Linda Marrone at firstname.lastname@example.org or 775-882-6741.
- Nevada Organic Certification Program
The Nevada Organic Certification Program provides assurance to consumers who purchase organic products that the products were grown according to organic standards. Certification also benefits Nevada’s producers and handlers of organic agricultural products by providing an in-state service for organic certification.
Learn more about the Nevada Organic Certification Program.